FCC Certified- Unlike virtually all of our competitors, the SignaLink USB has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Built-in Low Noise Sound Card - This provides optimum performance and frees your computer's existing sound card for other uses. It also greatly simplifies installation and operation, by reducing the number of cable connections, and by providing consistent performance that is independent of the computer's sound card.
Simple Installation - The SignaLink USB has only one USB connection to the computer, and in most cases, only one connection to the radio*. There are no computer audio cables to get mixed-up!
Easy Setup and Operation - The SignaLink USB's built-in sound card provides consistent audio levels and performance that is completely independent of the computer's sound card. This lets us streamline our Audio Level Setting procedure like never before. Simply set the software "Transmit" audio controls as described in the SignaLink manual, and then adjust the SignaLink's front panel "TX" control for the desired RF power level. Setting of the RX Level is even easier, as this is done completely by the SignaLink front panel "RX" control. There are no software "Recording" controls to adjust!
Convenient Front Panel Controls - You can now easily adjust your TX Audio, RX Audio and Transmit Delay without having to open the SignaLink case. This lets you optimize your Transmit Audio (RF Power), Receive Audio level ("waterfall drive"), and Transmit "Hang Time" delay "on the fly"!
Works with virtually ALL Radio Mic, Data, and Accessory Ports - The SignaLink USB works with virtually ALL radios, and can be attached to your radios Mic, Data, or Accessory port. This allows most users to attach the SignaLink to the back of the radio (Data or Accessory Port) and leave the microphone plugged in!
Supports virtually All Sound Card Digital & Voice Modes- The SignaLink USB supports virtually ALL Digital and Voice modes that are available for sound card interfaces. This includes traditional modes such as CW, RTTY, AMTOR, and SSTV (to name a few), and virtually ALL new modes such as FT-8, JT65, PSK-31, MT-63, WINMOR, VARA FM 1200, and EchoLink. Virtually ALL standard sound card communications programs will work with the SignaLink USB.
Complete Isolation - Unlike some interfaces on the market, ALL SignaLink models COMPLETELY isolate your computer from your radio. This eliminates troublesome ground loops and prevents hum and noise from degrading the signals. The SignaLink USB provides isolation through the use of audio transformers and a relay-based PTT keying circuit.
Transmit Audio / "Side Tone" Output - A rear panel "Monitor" jack can be used with headphones or powered (amplified) speakers to monitor your Transmit Audio, or Side Tone during CW operation.
External Speaker Support - If your installation requires that you attach the SignaLink to your radio's External Speaker jack, then you can plug an external speaker or headphones into the SignaLink's rear panel "Aux" jack and continue to hear your RX Audio.
No External Power Required - The SignaLink USB is always powered by the computer's USB port, so external power is NEVER required.
Every SignaLink USB is supplied with the following items:
- Fully Assembled Detachable Radio Cable - The SignaLink part number determines which radio cable is supplied with the unit (please specify when ordering). Cables are available for virtually all radios that have a Data or Accessory Port that uses a 5-pin DIN, 8-pin DIN, 13-pin DIN, or 6-pin mini-DIN connector, and a special cable is also available for the Elecraft K3/KX2/KX3. Cables are also available for virtually all radios that use a 4-pin round, 8-pin round, RJ-11, and RJ-45 mic connector. HT cables are available for most Yaesu, Kenwood, Baofeng, Wouxun and similar HTs, and a An un-terminated cable is available for radios that uses a different type of connector (build your own cable). All Data Port, Accessory Port, un-terminated, and HT radio cables are approximately three feet in length. Mic cables are approximately eighteen inches in length.
- USB Cable - This cable connects the SignaLink USB to your computer. It is approximately six feet in length.
- Mono Cable - This cable is used with radios that do not have Receive Audio on the Mic jack. It is approximately two feet in length. If you connect the SignaLink USB to your radio's Data or Accessory Port, then you will not use this cable.
- Jumper Wires - These are used to configure the SignaLink for your specific radio.
- No soldering is required - The jumpers simply push into a socket on the circuit board! The SignaLink software CD contains jumper settings for the most popular radios. Settings for other radios can be easily obtained by following the step-by-step procedure in the SignaLink manual, or by contacting our Technical Support Staff. If you do not want to install jumper wires, then be sure to see our Plug & Play Jumper Modules. They greatly simplify installation!
- Allen Wrench - 3/32" size. Used to open the SignaLink USB case.
- Rubber Feet - These are included with every SignaLink USB and can be installed by the user if desired.
- Software CD - This free CD contains several of the most popular PC programs for the most popular modes including PSK-31, FT-8, JT65, SSTV, MT-63, CW, RTTY and Packet. Software for other modes, as well as MAC software, can be downloaded from our SignaLink Software Page. The entire Tigertronics web site with all of the latest support information (including jumper settings) is also included on the CD. Note that the CD is NOT required for installation of the SignaLink, as the drivers are always provided directly by the Operating System.
- Printed Installation Manual - The SignaLink manual contains both step-by-step, and "quick" installation instructions for users of all experience levels. Troubleshooting Tips and an Audio Level Adjustment procedure are also included.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Took a little while to set up, a lot longer to get Windows 10 to play nice, but I am up and running. Good product, detailed instructions. i am satisfied.